Not every company needs their own professional Ergonomist, but every company needs an Ergonomics Champion to drive their program and ensure success.
This 5-day certification workshop trains participants in ergonomics skills related to the prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs).
With science providing the backdrop, this course emphasizes practical applications for field, industrial and office environments based on case studies and proven best practices. There are several individual, partner, and group activities incorporated into each section. Quizzes, discussions, problem solving tasks, video analysis, practicing with applied tools and journaling activities keep the participants engaged and focused.
This workshop is in support of all existing Provincial and Federal regulations and guidelines as well as the most recent ergonomics-related CSA standards. Content includes how to:
- Identify gaps within your current safety management system relative to ergonomics and MSD prevention
- Build a business case for an effective and sustainable ergonomics program
- Follow a formal MSD Reduction Process including the identification, assessment, and control of MSD hazards and associated risks
- Apply specific assessment tools and technologies
- Implement a cost-benefit matrix in the selection of controls
- Evaluate interventions and program effectiveness
- Manage knowledge and drive continuous improvement
WorkSMART can deliver an in-house workshop customized to your company and work activities. Alternatively, individuals can sign up for an open-attendance workshop.
For those seeking certification, two post-course activities will need to be completed to demonstrate proficiency and achieve certification status. However, certification is a voluntary process and not a requirement for attendance at the workshop.
At the conclusion of training, participants will have access to online tools, templates and support resources as long as their certification status is maintained. Certification is valid for three years before recertification is required. Recertification is an online process and does not require re-attending the 5 day workshop.